The SwaggerHub Team recently hosted a free API design training: Scaling Your API Design: How to Improve Usability and Maximize Developer Productivity When Designing APIs.
In this hour-long webinar, we discussed API design best practices, what it means to have effective API design, the role of Swagger in API design, and address some of the biggest challenges we hear from API teams when it comes to maintaining API design standards.
We also shared some of the lessons we’ve learned over the last year and a half, as we’ve invested into building solutions to help addressAPI design challenges for teams to scale their API design process across several internal and external APIs.
Watch the full webinar below.
Scaling Your API Design with SwaggerHub
During the webinar, the SwaggerHub Team introduced some of the advanced API design features available in SwaggerHub to help teams scale their API design process.
- Style Validator: Use Style Validator to check if your Swagger specification matches certain description standards. For example, your company’s guidelines may require that all the properties have examples specified. Style Validator helps you automate such checks. When creating a Style Validator integration, you specify the checks to perform. When you run Style Validator, it checks your Swagger specification according to these checks and notifies you about issues, if any. Learn more.
- Domains: Domains are reusable components that can be shared between multiple APIs and other domains. A domain can contain the following components: definitions, path items, parameters, responses. Users can create and version Domains, and then define the reusable components that can be stored inside them. The components can be referenced from other APIs or Domains, either by the user or the collaborators on the API. Learn more.
New to SwaggerHub?
SwaggerHub allows for quickly designing and editing APIs in a powerful Editor that’s fully compliant with the latest Swagger (OpenAPI) standards.
SwaggerHub offers features to support your team’s design workflow:
- Cloud-based Editor
- Automatic syntax validation for Swagger compliancy
- Intelligent syntax auto completion
- In-built mocking for static responses
- Real-time communication and issue tracking throughout the design process